11 January, 2012

Bento box!

Hello hello! I know this blog is nearly dead and is on life support, but I can't help it. Chinese New Years seems like it's almost here and yet so far away! I might even start posting recipes soon before New Years :D However, I'm trying to resist and give myself time to focus on school a bit more. I have been cooking here and there, but not as serious as before. :[ However, there are good news.

The good news is: I got my first bento box! I just got it yesterday and I've been loving it since! Ever since the beginning of the new year, I've been trying to keep a good and healthy balanced diet of fruit, veggies, rice, and meat for every meal. Except I had a problem. I had stored almost all of that in a Rubbermaid container and just crammed it in my messenger bag. Well, let's say that by lunch time, I had a weird mix of flavors which wasn't bad, it's just I like each food group as separate entities. However, any who, I decided then to go on a lunch box hunt and I came across this bento box. I couldn't find anything super compartmental and compact which made me disgruntled until I checked Amazon. I got this box for ~$20 and a second one for the same price. This came yesterday and it has a beautiful lacquer texture (I'm a lacquer addict, no joke) with giraffes with two layers (and it's microwave safe!). The other one I got was one with sakura blossoms that should be on its way soon (which I will post a picture once it gets here). But I'm happy for now and will start posting some more lunch time news soon!

My first bento box. 
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment